Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Pregnancy

Excited. I came to know that I was pregnant during second week of Jan 2011. It was my first time using the home pregnancy test and it showed positive! On ww6, I went to clinic to confirm and through the ultrasound, the doc pointed out a tiny white dot, my BB. :)

So many things to recap throughout the pregnancy and I do not know where to start. First, on the diet, I avoided my favourite sashimi, lamb chop and have to reduce intake of cold food. :( Some even advised me not to take orange although I craved for it! Overall, i would say everything needs to be in moderation. I still take chocolate and ice cream once in a while.

My gynae was very strict on weight gain and my kg profile was like a rollercoaster. One month with 1+kg of increase and another month with 4+kg of increase...and back to <1kg increase after some scolding from her. :) Under her guidance, I only put on around 11-12kg throughout my pregnancy which she claimed to be a healthy range. Haha.

How do I feel? Hmmm, very nausea during the first trimester!! Work productivity dropped and I always go back early. However, I only vomited 3 times. 2 times was in the office and 1 time was back in Ipoh. All was due to hectic walking after breakfast. Things were better during the 4th month, I had more appetite to eat and regained my energy.

The first time I felt my bb kicking inside was during the 5th month....when I was laying down at night, preparing to sleep. There was no word to describe the feeling, very excited but feeling weird at the same time. She kicked very softly...like drum beating....oh yes, my bb is a she! :) One of the thing that I dislike was the pregnant sleeping position. I can't sleep on my back which I was used to. The reason? Quoted from baby centre "Sleeping on your side is best while you're pregnant. In particular, sleeping on your left side may benefit your baby by improving blood flow – and therefore nutrients – to the placenta. It also helps your kidneys efficiently eliminate waste products and fluids from your body, which in turn reduces swelling in your ankles, feet, and hands." Bla Bla Bla...so I followed. To make things even funnier, after giving birth, I need to revert back and sleep on my back during confinement and I felt uncomfortable!! :(

My memory degraded and I felt very clumsy. Three funny incidents occurred due to degrading memory. 1) I wore both contact lenses on the same eye!! OMG. 2) My boss asked about some tasks status and I told him in progress although I have already completed! Totally forgot about it. 3) When I was ordering lunch outside, I told the lady I wanted roast chicken drumstick....and then I re-emphasized, "chicken k, not duck"....Haha, and the lady was nodding, looking at me like one kind.

Everything went well until the third trimester, I had heartburn. Discomfort followed as BB was getting bigger and the space was limited, pushing my diaphragm. I also encountered leg cramps at night and my hubB will come into rescue to tilt my foot and help massaging. Although my body was getting bigger, I still manage to cook once in a while and drive to work until 3 days before labour! And the next post to write about is .......the labour process. :O

No comments:

Post a Comment