Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Labour

Tick Tok tick tok........, at the end of trimester, *impatient* I wanted the BB to be out earlier as my body is getting more tired. Also, my mil and sil will be visiting us a few days later from my due date. So, I really hope my BB will be out in time to meet them, and she did! :D

On my due date, both my confinement lady and Stemlife agent called in the morning to see how things were. And I told them BB is not yet out, wanted to eat some mooncake first. Haha. However, I noticed some changes in my body during the last 2 days. I had Braxton Hicks contraction for two nights and I felt BB dropped lower and heavier. We went for check up in the afternoon and my doc did some V inspection. By then, I was dilated to 2cm and having some contractions. The contraction feeling was something like wanted to pass motion, but with some bearable pain. Doc told us to keep monitoring the contraction and if regular contractions every 10 minutes for 2 hours, we need to come in.

At 5+ pm, my contractions started to be very regular, every 7 minutes. Not sure whether it was false alarm, we monitored until 6+....still regular. So both hubB and I started packing and I washed my hair twice. We had noodles for dinner and ard 8+, we decided to head for the hospital. At that time, I was still deciding wanted to finish watching the finale of a TVB series first or not. Haha.

Once reached, the nurses told us to register but not to admit first. Need inspection to confirm and I told them I was having contractions, no show, no waterbag burst. Still managed to walk and take the escalator to the ward room. The midwife inspected and I was already 3 cm dilated, and contraction was 3 minutes apart! So, confirm need to admit. The rooms were pretty full that night and we managed to secure the last single room. It was the BEST decision ever! I can't imagine going to the toilet to pass motion while sharing with someone else, with all those blood......yucks...so geli to think of it. Also, my hubB can stay overnight with me with single room option. The nurse will also bring my BB to me whenever I need to nurse. Slightly more expensive but luckily we have discount rate under our company.

Around 10+~, I was still OK. Watching mr bean on the CRT (no lcd), playing trade nations and busy sending text messages to my siblings, in laws and friends. The pain was still bearable, I would rate 3-4 out of 10 for the pain level. The nurse inject something into my body to help me pass motion.......skip skip...

Not until 11+, the pain level shoots up to ~6. Whenever the contraction comes, I have to hold tight on the blanket and I felt my spine was being stretched horizontally. Very painful!! :(( I managed to endure until 1am. The pain was unbearable, I told the nurse I need to go to the labour room immediately. Not able to walk, they wheel chaired me. Once reaching the labour room, the first thing I asked for was the laughing gas!! The nurse rejected my request and said "Cannot, it's still very early, if you take too early, you will feel dizzy!". Luckily, the midwife gave it to me, she said " Your savior, go inhale". Haha. But the pain is still unbearable...I was twisting and turning...shouting while my hubB was sitting next to my bed. By then, I was already 6cm dilated. Too late for epidural which I made up my mind earlier not to take....too late to change to C-sec now....At that moment, I really thought of giving up....it was too painful. The midwife came again and asked whether I want to consider painkiller injection or not. I immediately ask her, how many times I can take and one injection can last for how long?? She replied twice and each time can last for 3 hours. Without thinking, I told her, quick quick inject now!!

Not sure it was the painkiller or the laughing gas, I felt very dizzy and the sensation was like as if I was very drunk.....very high and tired. I asked midwife from her experience, around what time I will deliver and she told me 6am. omg. another 5 hours of pain?? Around 2am, the dilation was getting faster, 8cm...then 9cm....and naturally my body sent me the signal to push. But the nurses told me not to push! Not sure it was because my doc was not in yet, or 9cm can still swell if being pushed hard before fully dilated. Everything happened very fast and I was very blur...around 3am, my doc came in and that was the time I started pushing. The pain after fully dilated was less severe compared to 1am....different type of pain, not sure how to describe. If i was not mistaken, my doc did not break the water bag for me but I pushed myself until it broke. :( Took so much effort. Once the contraction came in, I pushed, first cycle more energy but by the second cycle, I was worn out....Luckily for me, I successfully delivered my BB ard 3.30am without vacuum suction. Tears just lingered around my eyes when it was over and I saw my BB.

Nurse encouraged me to latch on immediately and bond with BB. I nursed for 30 minutes, body felt very tired. However, I couldn't sleep from 4am -7am at all. Was awake...and I felt as if I was dreaming...everything happened too fast....but I was glad the labour process is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment