Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Thrush

One fine friday afternoon while I was working, I received a call from my babysitter. I was worried as my babysitter seldom call me up unless something urgent. From the call, she informed me that Baby SS's mouth appear whitish...which we later found out to be thrush.

Quoted from PubMed Health : Thrush is a yeast infection of the mucus membrane lining the mouth and tongue. Thrush appears as whitish, velvety sores in the mouth and on the tongue. Underneath the whitish material, there is red tissue that may bleed easily. The sores can slowly increase in number and size. Thrush is commonly seen in infants. It is not considered abnormal in infants unless it lasts longer than a couple of weeks."

We were worried if the thrush will worsen and causing uncomfort to Baby SS if they start bleeding :( So, I called up our pediatrician immediately and emailed him some photos of Baby SS's mouth. He was very helpful and confirmed they were thrush symptoms. He also told us to buy daktarin oral gel to apply on the lips and ensured us it will go away very fast. Very true indeed!

Baby SS's lip with thrush. Her lips were back to normal after applying the oral gel for a day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment